October 24, 2012
With more and more children being diagnosed with food allergies, cooking a birthday cake to suit everyone is not an easy thing. I do not like seeing kids miss out on nice things in life. So try this vegan birthday cupcake, in chocolate or vanilla. It is perfect for children with dairy, egg or nut allergies.
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Grease a round or log pan.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and mix on high for a couple of minutes till smooth.
3. Bake at 150 degrees C for about 40-45 minutes. (times can vary for different ovens) Use skewer to test.
4. Recipe can be doubled to make 1 slab tin for birthday cakes.
5. For a Vanilla cake, omit cocoa and add a little extra vanilla if you like.
6. Can be made into mini muffins – bake for 10mins at 150 degrees C.
1. Beat butter till as white as possible.
2. Beat in half of icing sugar gradually.
3. Add milk then remaining icing sugar.
4. Add colour and flavour of choice, if required.
October 06, 2018
January 07, 2017